Walking this Earth may have no real meaning but we're all here.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm where anyone can find me. With no one to see me.

Existence may be for the time being not mine. Dark walls surround my fragile body from being damaged by anything. Facial hair three times as long as my pubic hair, dust ridden and multi- colored both are. I can scream, cry, jerk off, puke, shit, release urine or pick my noise without as much as a judgment. I can write on paper, in the air or walls like a 5 year old and still cry inside. There is no option for me, and I cannot change this for 2 more years but I can say I experienced what it is like to truly and utterly adhered to the hand of the law.

Freedom, loneliness, honor, beauty and inspiration were the abstract words that were available for this piece and 100 words approximately were our targeted count but was exceedingly hard to negotiate this small amount. These words have so much depth and it was stunningly hard to express all that I wanted without exceeding the limits. I was going to say fu-k it but I wanted to see how it would turned out with being so small. I liked the outcome with no exceptions.
The idea for the theme of being in jail has come from pieces of Linh Dinh’s “Blood and Soap,” I’m currently reading the book that has kept my eyes busy and my mind moving. Throughout the book there are short stories that have reference to people committing murders, people dying and people committing suicide like on page 87. The short story called “Murder or Suicide” was creative, displaying various word distribution and positioning. Using repetition in “tourist, tourist, tourist” and capitals in whole sentences, “A TOURIST WAS STABBED TO DEATH LATE LAST NIGHT IN CENTRAL PARK!” (89). For creative writing and an interesting story it was good to see these elements. But that’s not what made me want to write about jail, the story as a whole made me want to write about the affect after committing murder. Loneliness sat right on my lap when I glanced at the words that were given to us. Honestly I knew it was “loneliness” when I asked myself what other options were available. Just so sure!! I love writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment